ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING & MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
AMS provides a wide diversity of environmental consulting services and is particularly experienced with performing contracts on military installations. AMS also specializes in Environmental Management System (EMS) and Safety, Health, and Environmental Management System (SHEMS) implementation with an emphasis on sustainability and minimizing regulatory risks while supporting mission requirements.
AMS is highly experienced with assisting program managers develop and improve their environmental and safety programs within a management system framework. Whether you need to develop a new program from the ground up or are just looking for reliable permit or compliance reporting assistance, our compliance specialists take an integrative approach to solving compliance issues and understand the importance of developing compliance programs that are consistent with the DOD mission.
- Program management
- Plan development, permit support, sampling, and compliance reporting for all environmental programs
- Sustainable implementation of ISO 14001 conforming management systems for environmental, safety, and facilities
- Database management and custom software design
- EMS and EMSWeb subject matter experts
- Water resource engineering and management
- SPCC services and AST/UST testing and inspections
- NEPA, cultural resource, and natural resource services
- Field monitoring, sampling, and analysis
- Environmental remediation design
- GIS and CADD services
- Environmental and safety training
- Radon gas testing services
- Lead testing services
- Facilities information management
- Developing and implementing cost-effective strategies for preventing pollution, recycling/reusing/renewing, and greening your organization (e.g., green procurement program, green restaurant certification).
AMS is currently providing environmental compliance support services for NAS Patuxent River Complex (NASPRC), including performing environmental liability surveys and assisting with rolling out their EMS. AMS is also assisting NAS Patuxent River Utilities with development of various plans including their Wellhead Protection Plan, Drinking Water Sampling Program, Cross-Connection Backflow Prevention Control Plan, and Water Conservation Plan.
AMS is currently the managing venturer for AMS-Rhea JV and has an IDIQ with Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), Washington. We are currently on our 23rd task order and have completed a variety of projects including organizing the region's stormwater BMP data into BayFAST, completing a GIS mapping project of the Navy Yard's stormwater system, performing hazardous material surveys for EPCRA Tier II reporting, monitoring and maintaining landfills for the Marine Corps Base (MCB) Quantico, and performing third-party inspections of Carderock USTs.
We are currently assisting NAVFAC with managing their boiler monitoring systems at the Navy Yard, assisting NSA South Potomac with updating their Hazardous Waste Management plan, performing formal inspections and minor repairs to MCB fuel tanks, and inspecting stormwater BMPs/LIDs at NASPRC.